You’re never too old to benefit from orthodontic treatment. Today, adults make up about one in every five orthodontic patients.
Benefits of Treatment
Adults can benefit from orthodontic treatment in many ways, like:
- Aligning the teeth to create a more aesthetic and beautiful smile
- Correcting relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long term retainer wear
- Improving the ability to brush and floss, especially for crowded or overlapping lower front teeth
- Creating a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Addressing missing teeth
- Closing spaces between the teeth
- Reducing excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Jaw surgery to correct discrepancy between the upper and lower jaws
Appearance of Braces
You may be worried about how you’ll look with braces. The good news is that most of the time Invisalign® can be used to treat adults.
This system uses clear removable aligners, made with 3D imaging to align your teeth. For more severe problems, you can choose clear ceramic brackets instead of metal.
You can do almost anything during orthodontic treatment – sing, play a musical instrument, dine out, kiss, and even have your picture taken. Some adjustments may be necessary.
But, if you’re like the vast majority of adult patients, you’ll adjust quickly.
New techniques and materials have made wearing braces more comfortable and convenient than ever.
You will find that braces are more affordable today than ever. At David Ross Orthodontics, we offer a variety of convenient payment plans and accept many dental insurance plans that include orthodontic benefits.
The overall cost of treatment will depend on your specific needs.