YOU Can Make a Difference!
YOU can make your school & community a better place!
YOU can be kind to others and want your peers to feel accepted, safe and included.
YOU can be supportive of others.
Everything you say and do has an impact on those around you. Because of you, people can feel empowered and loved, but also insecure and hurt. Even the smallest words and actions, whether online or in person, can have a big effect. Before you say or do something, think about how you might make others feel.
Here are some steps to being a buddy, not a bully:
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- If you see bullying, seek help.
- Appreciate everyone’s difference.
- Stop and think before you say or do something that could hurt someone.
- Let someone know you’re willing to listen, especially if they’re having a rough day!
- If you notice you’ve been mean, talk to an adult you trust. They can help you find ways to be nicer to others!
- If you think you have bullied someone in the past, apologize. Everyone feels better.
- If you see someone that looks lonely, say “hello.”
Your friendly smile can change someone’s day!